Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 42 (Arezzo)

Today was bittersweet. I had to say my goodbyes to Dory and friends in Milano. It is hard when someone important to you comes back into your life and you have to say goodbye again so quickly. But I crammed myself into another overcrowded bus, and got to the station, where I boarded my goodbye Milano train.

It's good to be back in Arezzo. Something about it just feels so good. The way it looks, the way it smells (some smells I don't really miss so much), just the way it feels seems to nourish some part of my very soul. After a long cramped train ride, I was fighting some headache business and stuff. Yay my body hates me. And, of course, someone decided to build the train station at the bottom of the hill. And I was staying, yes, at the top. So I made that trek up, and made it to the top floor, and into Dory and Jesse's sweet apartment, where the DERK was waiting for me!

Yeah, she went NUTSO. I tried to change out of pants into shorts, as I had grown accustomed to the parts of Europe that forgot it's summer. Italy has not forgotten. It is on full force. But, as I sat down, Persey promptly planted herself right in my lap and refused to move. The evening continued on in this way, her crawling all over me anytime I was in any sort of horizontal position. Though at one point we did go out to the park

It's pretty awesome. I also had to make the journey back down the hill to go to the store and buy me some eats (the things an addict will do for chocolate milk), and all the way back up. This was less than pleasant. Eventually my migraine took over and I fell into a semi-conscious coma for about 14 hours.

I am sorry this post is somewhat boring. Take it up with  my head demons messin' stuff up for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment