Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 56 The End. (Lisbon)


This is it. It’s here. My last day. Denial is clearly not working.

I was sad waking up for my last European morning.




 I consoled myself with a toasty, cheesy, eggy goodness.










And my weird polish yogurt. By the way, if you're ever in Portugal and are wondering what that thing is, don't make the same mistake I did. It is not the egg sack of a purple worm demon, it is just plain old passion fruit. Boring. But tasty, yes.






I also broke the frying pan and didn’t tell anybody. I’m sorry hostel. I was upset.

I made a new friend yesterday, and we spent breakfast together, which was cool. I actually made a female friend, who I really like, which is a rarity to me. This made the morning a lot more fun. We then rode the train to the main station and parted ways. Becky is one rad chick, and we will keep in touch. I will send her peanut butter, and she will send me speculoos.

Then I rode my big bus up to the airport.

 I got on my plane. It did allow me my backpack and purse, so that was good. Yay for not budget airlines.

As sad as leaving Europe was, I began thinking about going to New York, and got very excited. I would get to see friends I hadn’t seen in years, friends who I’d seen more recently, but was still dying to see. Plus, New York is awesome. So it was kind of like more vacation. It only took me 24 hours from waking up to actually go back to bed, but today was pretty great. I even stole someone’s window seat on the plane. It’s his fault for being late.

I would like thank everyone who has been reading about my adventure, and for everyone’s love and support. It has been wonderful, and fulfilling, and life-changing. I hope you have enjoyed my tellings of said adventure. It has definitely been fun writing them.

Baci,
ALi

0 comments:

Post a Comment