Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day 49 (Nice)


Every once in a while, I do something awesome by accident. Like booking my hostel in the perfect location. Not only is my hostel a 5 minute walk from the beach, it is also right in the Old Town. This means, that every morning, I get the pleasure of walking through this on my way to the beach.

 
It is a huge flower and fruit market (with an assortment of other things).





I need this by my house. I would only shop at this market if I had it.



This is like what they had in Spain. A huge display of spices and teas, and smelling salts, or something salts, I don’t really know, but it said salt, and had a lot of different colors and “flavors”. Seeing as ‘rose’ and ‘lavender’ could be for smelling or eating, maybe not that they should be, you can understand my confusion. Ha ha. Smelling salts.








The French love candy-ing fruit. I, personally am 100% ok with this. If my fruits always were like this, I could live without candy. Maybe.








Then I wandered up onto one of the tall cliff things, with the Chateau.





I climbed like over 400 steps. I am wearing manwear.. Today, I was king of the hill. Or Cliff. Or Chateau. ALL OF THEM.











 
It was worth every stair. The views were spectacular. At the top, I enjoyed the fruits of my spoils in the market. OBSERVE.




APRICOT












ME HAPPY WITH APRICOT













 BAG FULL OF GOODIES




FINALLY I was able to buy a macaron that didn’t cost as much as a plane ticket and didn’t come gift wrapped in gold. I mean, I know the French are snooty and stuff, but what the deuce, man. I just wanted a cookie. But I got one. And It. Was. Tasty. Macarons are these fancy little French cookies that they like to decorate with. I like to eat them. To each his own. I don’t judge.










ALSO PEACH.














I found this sundial. It would probably be useful, if it wasn’t placed directly under a copse of trees.











Apparently Nice was originally all made by the Greeks and stuff. So there’s a bunch of ruins, and cool art in the sidewalks and stuff. Personally, any park with monsters in it is a good one in my book. No. A GREAT one. Especially Octopus monsters. I like Octopus monsters.











Yup. These are the ruins.















I think someone needs to build me a castle. My obsession with castles and all castle-like structures is borderline unhealthy.












I’m totally serious about baguettes.









I have an apology to make. I got a little overexcited, and when I told you all about the Kinder surprise, technically I showed you a Kinder joy with surprise. So to remedy the situation, I will show you the actual Kinder surprise, illegal in some countries named the United States.




Exhibit A: Kinder Surprise. Suffered some mild damage in transit















Exhibit B: One Kinder Surprise. Unwrapped.














Exhibit C: How not to eat a Kinder Surprise. Most likely the culprit of why it has been illegalized. Americans just can’t help shoving the whole thing in their mouth. No, I’m not going to change that sentence.











Exhibit D: Surprise!















Exhibit E: The sweet sweet innards










Exhibit F: I think it is only suiting that this is Exhibit F, as that is what I give this surprise. F. I think this is the real reason we made these illegal. The toys are crap. What is this? Apparently, you throw it, and…. Yeah. You throw it. I’m pretty sure I made one of these as a kid, out of a rock and a plastic bag. And it was much cooler than this. Fail, Kinder. Major Fail.









 NEXT TIME: ALi gets arrested for throwing rocks in public.

0 comments:

Post a Comment