Saturday, August 6, 2011

D:< CRANKY! Day 10 (Madrid)


Today I am a hobo. A cranky, smelly hobo. My backpack is heavy, my shoe broke, and I kept getting lost DOWNhill, so I had to keep finding my way back uphill.

I checked out of my hostel and walked around the city. I went to their giant park, which was gorgeous. I fell asleep in the sun, and woke up with a sunburn.




BUT I did sit by the beautiful water eating a Magnum ice cream, and that was a happy moment.<3 Magnum

ALSO, I finally am Spanish today. Someone asked me for directions, in spanish, and I gave them said directions, in spanish. +2 spanish points. LEVEL UP!!!

Then I wandered around and found some food, FINALLY, but then realized I sat at the bar NEXT to the one with wifi. Sad. Thought the food was tasty. It was like lasagna filling inside flaky puff pastry? Oh, and some frittata thing that was free. But they didn't have Fanta, all they had was stupid Schweppes.




Afterwards, I went to the other park, and sat on a bench to rest. I had wanted to lie down, but some guy came and sat on my bench section, and I was super raging in my head at him. I think he could feel my rage waves, because eventually he left. But it was too late. He ruined the bench for me. I sought out some shady grass by a tree, only to find that in this park they had surrounded all the trees with a ring of sandy dirt, so leaning against one meant sandpapering my heiny. I settled down on another bench by a pretty fountain, ignoring the dirty looks from all the old people who came and sat on the other bench sections. But mine was mine, and they couldn't have it, I don't care how many times you bump your butt into my feet.

I slept 4 hours. Usually a nap puts me in a good mood, but it just wasn't cutting it for me today. Some guy in the subway mistook hitting me for hitting on me. I got stared at a lot, and I'm pretty sure I was far more conscious than yesterday, so there was no excuse.

 (I know my blog sucks today. Here is cute wall thing to cheer you up)
 
I walked around for what seemed like 10 hours, trying to find a specific bar which is supposed to be super popular with awesome tapas. It was the loneliest looking one on the whole street, so I just turned around and left. Now I was also hungry, which if you know me, means I revert to my 2 year old temper tantrum state. I brooded about back to Sol, because I at least knew there would be stuff there.

Wrong. Yes, lots of people, NOBODY has wifi. Well, I found wifi. At a Starbucks. Starbucks, you get a point for providing me with my sweet sweet internets, but I lose 2 points for going to a Starbucks in Spain.

Madrid, I'm sorry, but you just can't win with me today. I apologize that this blog is a bit of a downer today. Tomorrow I am off to my European home, Arezzo, for 5 blissful days. At least.

For now, I am off to try to find a Magnum bar to have a love affair with. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment