Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 4 (Palma)

Allo! I finally have internets. Not too much happened yesterday, I took a day to relax at the beautiful Platja de Palma, where I had a delicious breakfast and lounged about in the sunnnnn




Then I got a bit lonely and picked me up one of these:
It's ice cream you pervs!
But it did satisfy me... Mmm... haha. Then I sat in the Placa de' Spanya, then hung out at the airport. Actually, since my ticket was for the next day, the lady at security didn't let me through, so I may or may not have meandered to the other side where there was another security point, and the girl there I don't think even looked at my ticket, and waved me on in! Mostly I just wanted to get to my gate, and find an outlet. A simple task, I thought. NO. Apparently in America we are very generous with our electricity. I had to search for probably an hour just to find an outlet, and then another to find one that actually provided power. The few I found were usually right outside the bathroom and completely in the way of the crowds, so those were impossible. I instead found myself in a long stretch of hallway, between 2 large cement pillars. I curled up in between and tried to nap, as my netbook was almost dead. People kept walking by and staring at me. For that day, I was the airport hobo. I should have gotten a picture of my little airport home, but I think I had a strong combination of self-consciousness and deliriousness. I spent that night in the airport, and I'm sure you can imagine the awesome sleep I got in the posh metal non-secured-to-the-ground chairs. However, the one advantage is that I was there for the shops opening and I got this straight out of the oven:

Goodness gracious, I smelled the thing and wandered about like a frantic zombie (a rare breed) until I had acquired it. Sweet sweet spoils. Technically this was part of Day 5, but the past couple days sort of blended all together, and it was part of my airport adventure, so I will let it be here.

On a closing note, I would like you all to know my sweet zigzag sandals tan is coming along very nicely

0 comments:

Post a Comment