Monday, August 8, 2011

Giorno Dodici (Day 12) (Arezzo)

Buon giorno!

I feel so at home here, I am not quite sure yet how I am going to leave. Actually, I pretty much had to force myself to buy my ticket to Vienna for the end of the week, to ensure that I continue along planning my trip.

So I sleep under a window, and get to wake up to this:
The sun does not blare in my face, but gently warms my feet. We have moved past our issues from Spain, and have moved to a much more intimate stage in our relationship.

Today was a girls' day out. Dory and I met up with a couple girlies here, and we went out for lunch. We are girls, so we all went and had delicious salads. I don't know what it is about girls and eating leaves, but they were Italian leaves with bomb-*ss toppins, so you can all just suck it.




"That's right, I'm a f*ckin salad. Eat me."

As you can see, it was a very sassy salad. And I devoured it with much pleasure. Fine, you don't like salad? Well anyone with a mouth should be jealous of this next part. Anyone without a mouth would be jealous too, but that's just sad. We don't make fun of people without mouths.


BAM. Gelato. In all it's high butterfat content glory. Ty, this one is for you. Just like I promised.

Then we hit up the park, where I was gifted some luck

and Dory was making flower crowns. She forced one upon Pers, who pretty much took it like a 5 years old.

Today I woke up and my feet were so swollen it felt like i was wearing 10 pairs of socks just on the balls of my feet. Now I know how pilgrims feel. Only, you know, I get to shower and you know, have plumbing. However, it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet, and check these babies out:



That's right. My poor shoes have literally sacrificed themselves for me. RIP. Dory would not let me go home until I bought new shoes in town. I'm glad I have people who love me who will be responsible for me.

I bought these for €7.50. 
And that is how I can afford to stay in Europe.

By the way, only if you have been to Arezzo, and several years ago at that, will you be able to appreciate this, but this is Piazza San Agostino:
Last time I knew this piazza, it was a parking lot, full of drunks and usually a drug bust or two going on. Now, they have like... events and stuff. Weird. I specifically remember eating a Kebab and watching a man getting arrested for drunk driving on this very street. So much has changed...

I love the grocery store. I love the grocery store even in the US, so the grocery store here is like Disneyland-Arezzo to me. Screw rides, get me at them dried goods! We went to PAM. PAM holds a very special place in my heart. Dory and I reminisced on one day while we were going to school here, she, Patrick and I all decided that during our lunch break, we wanted to run all the way into town to PAM, on a chocolate mission. We booked it straight there, and bought our delicious chocolate, and for some reason we thought it was a good idea to buy some milk. Maybe to wash it down? Thinking things through simply got in the way during those days. So we had a chocolate-and-milk-bingefest, and realized we had very little time to make it back. So we had to race back, in the hot sun, and up the long ridiculous hill back up the villa. I don't know if any of you have had milk and chocolate on a hot day, then run up a hill, but I don't recommend it.

Jesse is pretty much a master chef. He has the Midas touch for food, only instead of gold (or skittles), everything just turns into... delicious... food. Tonight I had frickin homemade handmade noodles, with ragu made from scratch. NOT ragu in a jar (MOM), but delicious meats slow cooked with veggies and tomato to place on top of fresh pasta in an orgasmic combination. Appropriately followed by some Magnums, of course.


STOP LICKING THE SCREEN. That's disgusting.

The rest of the evening was spent chatting it up and watching Adventure Time <3 until we were all pooped.

La dolce vita.


0 comments:

Post a Comment