Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 13? (Arezzo)

What did I do today? Nothing.

And it was glorious. Arezzo to me is my home where I can do nothing and be completely content. Arezzo makes my heart sing. I suppose it's impossible to do NOTHING, so here's pretty much how it went. I had magnum for breakfast. Of course. I followed it with some prosciutto and cheese, and bread salad. That's right. Salad is amazing when you make it with bread.

 I've decided to just call everything I eat salad, and everyone will think I'm super healthy. Oh what's that? Magnum salad. That's what I had for breakfast.

After sitting and watching cartoons, getting some work done, and just chatting, Dory and I hit up the park, which is always beautiful. America needs wayyy more parks.




In Italy, and particularly in Arezzo, there really is no Mexican food. The thing about Europe is that they already have cultures and foods of their own, so they don't have to steal everyone else's like we do in the states. I believe the accumulation of cultures is a wonderful thing about the US. Because there is only 1 Mexican restaurant here, and it is terrible.

So we decided to make nachos. Well Dory decided to make nachos, and I'm pretty sure there was no getting out of it. We had tortilla chips, some asiago cheese, onions, and the leftover ragu from the other night. They actually turned out very good. We baked them in the oven and topped 'em with some hot sauce and tomatoes.
Booyah. Italian Nachos.

That night some of us when down to the Piazza Sant'Agostina to hang out.


I have seen a lot of beautiful places and had some crazy stuff happen, but it really is the people that make this trip so amazing. I have met some new wonderful friends along my way, and I hope to continue doing so. The food may be delicious, but it really is the people that touch each others' lives.

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome!!!! This blog is super fantastic dude... puts my blog to shame yo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dory Rebekah
    BAWWW! I'm glad that you like it. And whatevs, man, your blog is awesome too! I just started reading it!

    ReplyDelete