Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 5 (Granada)

Happily, I have found a good internet cafe near where I am staying, however, this means I don't know what times I can post, so like today, I will post everything that has happened so far, but I know there is more to come, so I will edit it later on to add the rest. So keep a lookout!

This morning I got into Malaga. From there I hopped over to the bus station. I nearly missed the bus because I could not find where to buy a ticket. There were several long lines about, but they were all different, and I had 15 minutes to buy my ticket and board. So I ran around like a madwoman until I found a blessed ticket machine with what I needed. Technology, I could kiss you. Right on the mouth. So I then had one more run about the station like a crazy person, as the bus number did not match the platform number, and there was no platform number on my ticket. I ended up looking frazzled and scaring people, waving my ticket at them and just yelling "DONDE?!". Poor old lady. So I got on the bus and was lucky enough to sit next to some sleeping girl whose legs were all up in my business most the trip. I took a picture, but it didn't come out :(. At any rate I finally made it, and got to Granada, where I met up with JuanJesus, my good friend who is here.



We drove by the Placa del Toro


We got into town, and he showed me around. It is a very nice city. There are a lot of Arabian things, as they had control of this part of Spain for about 800 years before the Christians came in and took over. A lot of their mosques are still around, they have just been converted into churches. Here in Granada is one of the greatest Arab monuments, an old fortress/palace on a hill


I love Granada so far. Even their streets are fancy

Fancyyyyy! So I just changed my mind. I will not be editing posts, but I will simply make a new one for the rest of day 5, so that you guys actually come and look at it. I know if it was me, I would totally forget to check old posts. I'm also not going back to the beginning of this post to change what I said, so that only the ones who read the whole thing will know. All those lazy chumps who just skimmed will have to read it all over again for nothing. Except to get to this message. haHA!

Btw, I saw this on my way into town:

1 comment: