Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 7 (Lanjaron, Granada)

 Lanjaron is known for 2 things: First, it provides most of the bottled water in Spain; and second, for its car accidents. As a result, 2 things can be seen here. One, there are a number of fountains where you can drink the delicious spring water which other people pay for,


and two, they have painted the trees, so drivers can see them better. The Spanish have a hard time seeing trees.
Ok I'm lying. About the tree thing. Sorry Spain. I didn't mean it.

Lanjaron is actually known for 3 things. The water thing was true, then they have jamon, and honey. I wanted to buy some jamon, but it wouldn't fit in my backpack

They are like giant cured drumsticks. I bet I could eat one. Maybe if I order a drink in their shop they will give me one for free...

I opted to buy some honeycomb instead. I had never had it before, so this seemed a good time to try it. I ate some later dunked in my te de paquistani, which is that milk chai type tea stuff I think I showed you earlier


I WAS going to send my dad the rest of the bucket of honeycomb they gave me, but turns out America hates everyone and their packages, so not only would it cost me a fortune, I would have to declare it is not weaponized honey and only for personal use, and then there is still a high chance that they'll just throw it out anyway. Thank you America. Thank you. Sorry Dad, you will have to settle for the other awesome present I bought you.

In Lanjaron there is an old Arab castle, and I totally got to go inside it. It is super rad.



I also went hiking around, there are streams and bridges and the like. You know. Pretty stuff.


We had about an hour to wait for the bus, so I got my Fanta (<3Fantaaaa<3) and free jamon bread tapa, and then something they call a "bocadilla" which JuanJe told me meant snack, but turned out to be a huge sandwich with french fries and everything. Snack. Psh. For... a lion... maybe... That was just terrible. I apologize.

 
Here is the onslaught of free food I have gotten while posting this. The drinks (green mint tea, orange juice, and water) are all I paid for.

 Green tea accompanied by some sort of french toast doused in cinnamon and dark chocolate. You know. Because that's how they do.
 Some... pizza? Thing. Mmm... some pizza thing...
The OJ it came with. Like a blended crack orange. They have those here.
Do not even ask me what this is. From what I can tell, it's toasted bread, curry paste, raisins, and smoked tuna. I don't know who thought hey let's put together some fish and fruit and curry, but thank you sir. Or ma'am. Thank you. Some drunk just ran into my table. But it's ok. Because I love the Spanish people. They are so nice to me as I wander about in a confused blur, smiling and pointing at things. The lady who brought me my food here gave me one of those looks like "yes, sweetie, whatever you say". All I need is a pat on the head.

I now leave you with Sara, the Granada saint of creepiness.





Something I decided to add just now: A sexy man graffiti and a dirty joke.


JuanJe asked me why I took a picture of this, and to avoid the awkwardness of explaining English dirty jokes, I ended with the explanation that it is an inside joke. Which is pretty much true, if you are an English speaker. So JuanJe, when you read this, I apologize, it is very difficult to explain the delicacies of the American dirty mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment