Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Rest of Day 5 (Granada)

Now I don't mean "the rest" as in the relaxing that occured on day 5. That was not a noteworthy event. Well it was for me, as I had slept in an airport the night before. OH actually, I took a nap, and that was pretty great. I'm noting it. My alarm went off on my phone and I literally could not figure out how to turn it off for like 10 minutes, then JuanJe came in and apparently I spouted some nonsense at him and he left very confused. Later he asked me what I had said to him and I had no idea.

Onto actual activities! So we walked through Granada, sat by a river
Then we made our way up to the Alhambra, which is a stunning walk. There is a statue of Washington Irving (not pictured). He wrote tales of Alhambra.



The view at the top was amazing. We saw a Flamenco show which was cool. There was a giant puppet in it. They said no photos, so I apologize for getting your hopes up about the puppet.


Then we got some Kebab! That is one thing that we (or at least I) lack back home, is all the Kebab places. It was huge and delicious, and accompanied by Limonada con Hierbabuena. YUM. It's like super sweet lemonade herby stuff. Yeah. Appetizing sounding eh?



Something I learned today: "Granada" in Spanish means "Pomegranate". I'm pretty sure I learned that before, then promptly forgot it.

Yay!

Safary Fish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment