Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 16 (Florence)

So I totally fail at taking pictures pretty much for the first half of the day. I'm a touch upset about it too, because I went up to the villa, and got to chat it up with Kevin, my old voice teacher, and Scott, the program director for the Accademia. I have missed them. Bawww. We talked about life and the like, and what on earth I am going to do with mine. HA. Good times.

But today was a sad day. It was the day I left Arezzo. I said my goodbyes to the city
Goodbyeeeee T.T

So I had a connection through Firenze, which was great, because one of my favorite restaurants is there. So I decided to hit it up a touch early. I remembered exactly how to get there. First, you get off the train station and heads towards the old looking church thing
 Through to the other side, with the green and white stone decor...
 Through the large piazza...
 Head straight until you reach direction signs, and hang a left...
 Through the sweet arch...
 Into the Piazza di Republica...
 Head straight through, and down the street directly in front of you...
 Past the sweet Russian Man graffiti... ok so this one is new, but it WAS pretty rad. I actually think the bicycle adds a nice touch...
 Down until you reach the large shoe store on the corner to your right...

 And turn right. You will see yellow lanterns. I saw them, and ran towards their glorious light. They were beckoning me to delicious hand made pasta....
 YAAAAAAA
 AAAA- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
FERRAGOSOTO, I WILL KILL YOU!!!!

So I just sat in the first piazza working instead. That's ALMOST as fun as eating fresh mozzarella di bufala and fresh hand made pasta. So close I cried. And then I went to my train. Until next time, Italy. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I was worried it might be closed... stupid Ferragosto... you should go when you come back through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dory Rebekah
    I know! I almost called you, I was laughing because I totally should have known. But I will DEFINITELY be going when I swing back through. YELLOW BAR WILL BE MINE!!

    ReplyDelete