Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 14 (Arezzo)

Goooood MORNING!!!!!

Yeah that's right. I totally put off blogging until this morning. Technically this is second morning for me also, but you won't hear about that until next blog. Suckas.

So Dory and Jesse decided that Percy and I had behaved well enough that they could take us out in public. Well, almost public. At least on a car ride!

  That's right. The cool kids car club. Whatchu know about alliteration?!

 FSHOOOOOO
 SHWOOOOOM
FSHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, it was beautiful. It's Tuscany beeches. We were actually trying to go swimming, but when we got to the watering hole it was all dried up :(


Foiled again! Sunnnnn...... I am shaking my fist at you.

Technically there was a small trickle of water, and it was pretty, except for the garbage. Everywhere. So we just left. We don't hang out in garbage holes. At least the drive was pretty. Long too, as we got lost about 4 times... Luckily, Jesse had just inherited a free GPS that day.
FREEEEE!

So we got home after our scenic adventure. And it was food time. Oh yeah.

For some reason, Jesse trusted me with knives, and I set to work. We cut and sliced and chopped. But someone left a fetus in our potatoes...

 Ew. Luckily, that was the only one we found.

Jesse tried to make some gluten-free pasta for Dory, but nature hates gluten allergees (no I did not misspell "allergies", I was referring to persons having of the allergy).

WHAT was on the menu? I will show you, along with my fancy new photo-put-slightly-to-one-side-on-my-blog trick.


BRUSCHETTA! 3 kinds. Count it.

 CHEESE! 2 kinds. Smoked and non-smoked. The ones in the middle got second-hand smoked.


 MEATs! Mort! Prosciutto! I don't know why I am announcing this like a wrestling match, but I'm just gonna go with it.


 VEGETABLES! There's a fancy name for this, but I totally forgot it.


MMMMM Ravioli.... These are handmade. Josh, a filmmaker, was making a film about old school handmade pasta. So Jesse took him out to an old Italian mama's house to watch said pasta-making in action. Apparently it was very cute, her whole family was excited and taking pictures and everything. As an exciting bi-product of this occasion for ME, is that she gave Jesse a whole bunch of fresh pasta dough, and I get to enjoy the spoils. The proof is in the pudding. Or the ravioli. That was a terrible joke. But I already typed it, so I'm not deleting it. We finished it all off with some tastyyyy....





WATERMELON! And maybe some magnum salad. Maybe.


Although it was not photo documented, we finished off the evening by watching "The Wizard of Oz" to Pink Floyd's album, The Dark Side of the Moon. It was a drug trip. Technically after that we tried to watch "Return to Oz" but I totally fell asleep like a 4 year old and so they put me to bed.

1 comment:

  1. If Sat was day 10, Thurs is day 15. I know Europe is different than the States, but not that different,

    ReplyDelete