Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dia 8 (Jaen)

What is the translation for Jaen? I don't know. But it should be OVEN. Holy crap it is hot here. It's like the sun is assaulting you as time you step into it's hood, which is THE EARTH'S SURFACE. It even gets shade to gang up on you, so don't expect any relief there.

The morning started out quite nice, which of course means you get to see what I ate. Well, first first is a picture of a drink they have, which is closest to our hot chocolate. It's hot milk, and this cocoa powder stuff, but you have to add sugar. But it still could beat up Swiss Miss.


For the foodstuffs, we had this toasty bread, coated in sugar, and filled with butter and marmalade. I don't care if you don't like marmalade, you would like this. YOU WOULD LOVE THIS.


It was so good we got more. Then we bussed it to Jaen. Jaen's economy is based on olives, so there were beautiful hills covered in endless olive trees along the way.


I have mastered Spain. Today, I got free gazpacho, which was delicious and welcome in the sweltering death air, with my- get this- free water. Yup. Free water, free gazpacho. Spain, you are mine.

Ya this picture kind of looks gross, but is necessary to supplement my gloating, so suck it.

Due to the sun and my little spat, I spent most of midday indoors, with the air conditioning on, eating magnum ice cream bars, and watching horrific reality TV. Somehow being in Spain watching "My Super Sweet 16" and Paris Hilton's "My New BFF" seems slightly different. I can eat my delicious ice cream and pretend I'm not American for 30 minutes- until I get nauseous, because it is still garbage TV, and the little reminder that that is my country's culture creeps back into my brain-folds.

I finally crawled out of my hole and visited the cathedral, which, like most the cathedrals in Andalucia (the region), used to be a mosque. It has been redecorated 5 times.  I tried to take a picture to portray the breathtaking grandeur that they pretty much all have, but it doesn't do it justice.


In the cathedral is the famous "scissors painting". It is said if you can find the scissors in the painting, you will find your true love.


You're welcome.

Then we went to the castle. I love castles. This one has a ghost, but I couldn't find it :(. Instead I just found beautiful views and crap. 



I found a Spanish igloo:






Well, an igloo or a fountain, whatever you want to call it. I choose to live in MY version of Spain, thank you. Then we met up with JuanJe's friend, Fernando, and had our traditional free foods with drinks. I mean tapas.



The tapas menu had like a thousand items on it, and every time I asked what something was, they laughed at me and pretty much told me things like, "it's a ham.... roll". Also, they have 200 words for "sandwich". Also also, I learned "dine and dash" in Spanish. They say "ha-sin-pa". I don't know why you would need to though, in a country which feeds you for free. <3 Spainnnnnnnn

Our parks have tennis, and basketball courts.





They have ping pong tables and cows. Their parks win.

By the way, this is the view from the little porch/patio/deck thing outside my room:






Please squirm in envy. It sustains me.





Look out!

Pooping dog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment