Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 6 Churro Joy (Granada)

So yesterday, JuanJe asked me if I knew what churros were. I said yes, of course, we have churros all over in America. I can buy churros when I get off the train by my house.

I did not know what churros are.

I DID NOT KNOW WHAT CHURROS ARE.

Churros are long, fried, delicious tubes of joy that the Spanish eat for breakfast. You can dip them in your coffee, or in my case, your drinking chocolate, which, by the way, is NOT the same as hot chocolate. It is sort of like hot melted pudding chocolate deliciousness. It is not exclusively Spanish, it is just another reason why Europe is better than us. Here is a narration of my breakfast. Cry in envy!

First, here it is. Delicious, crispy churros, JuanJe had coffee like an "adult", and I had chocolate. And, of course orange juice, because it is delicious here.


As I said before, these churros are perfect for dipping in said chocolate...

Or, they give you sugar to roll them around in. This is NOT a bad thing.

All the while, as this is Europe, we were serenaded by an accordion. Perhaps one of my favourite things in Europe.

Then we went to the Alhambra. It is ridiculously huge, with gorgeous sprawling gardens and insanely detailed architecture and... molding? What do you call it where every doorway and ceiling and wall is basically laced with beautiful carving? You call it awesome. And the Alhambra.








Way too many pictures to post here. Go see flickr. There are also breathtaking views of the city, as the Alhambra was a stronghold, and is placed on top of a hill. FACT.

I have a new boyfriend.





He has been a bit cold, but I think he will warm up to me. His name is Washington Irving, which is kind of weird, but he's a writer and is kind of famous. We are in love.

I think I am going to get fat in Granada. I have to go to cafes or bars to use their internet, and even if all I order is a water, they bring me free tapas. I <3 Granada. This is what they brought me with my water.
Everyone loves free food. Don't you even try to tell me you don't care.

I love Fanta in Europe. Here is Orange Fanta here:
Note the non-toxic color. Amazing, eh? It's delicious, and you can't get it in America. American Fanta = gross. I mean poison. And gross. Also, they brought me these tapas, don't ask me what it is. All I can tell you is it was tasty

Ah! Did I skip dinner? I was distracted by my delicious Fanta currently in front of me and got so excited I had to tell you all about it. We went to gypsy-town


and had fried anchovies, mixed meats, and some other free food they decided we needed. The gypsies live in caves. I took pictures, but they have built doors and fronts of houses onto the caves, so you can't really tell. But you can in person, and I am telling you that if I lived in a cave, I would want to live in one of these. Gypsies in Granada win some cool points for cave-ing it in style. Here are the food pictures, my favorite kind of pictures.




Nyah! I am not food!



0 comments:

Post a Comment