Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 27 (Paris)

Perhaps a small entry, but a good one. Today I said my sad goodbyes to Holland and the Netherlands. But Paris was calling my name, and then it started to get all verbally aggressive with Utrecht, and I was like, whoa, Paris, back off, but it was still all freaking out, so I hopped on a train to come calm Paris down.

I think you should see the view from my window.





Yes? Amazing? Yes. You can see every famous monument save for 1 from my window. What's that, Notre Dame? Yeah I totally see you. And your friend the Pantheon just a bit to the right. I think it's checkin you out.









I arrived sort of late, because the Netherlands was crying all over the place probably because Paris was such a jerk, and all the trains were delayed. So I just wandered out into the city. I found the Arc de Triomph
It's pretty much huge and impressive. And surrounded by a roundabout trap of death. Probably about 8 lanes wide, there are no actual lanes. It's just a deadly, high speed free for all. I walked around the whole thing. It took forever. I walked along the Champs d'Elysees, which is enormous and has tons of fancy shops. I met someone named Taieb. He is from Tunisia. We ate ice cream, and I tried to understand French, failing miserably. He was kind enough to use English most the time.

Paris is beautiful. It is a thousand times bigger and more impressive than I even expected. It's buildings are all gorgeous, and I love just walking the streets. To end this little blogday, I will leave you with 2 window displayes.






               Balloons! ... and luggage, but... BALLOONS!!!


 You know what all those little circles are? Macarons. COOKIES. This shop is an enormous, ridiculously posh cookie store. I couldn't even go in the door. I could feel my wallet crumpling and whimpering in fear. One day, I will get one of their fabulously gift-wrapped boxes of these tiny treasures, and devour the whole thing in one sitting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment