Monday, August 15, 2011

Day Nineteeeeeen!!! (Berlin)

Prague and I said our goodbyes today. It was a sad moment.

But LOOK WHO FOLLOWED ME

Terrifying. Good thing I caught him in time. Who knows what he was up to.

I. LOVE. BERLIN.

It must be the German blood coursing through my veins, because even after a groggy train ride, I couldn't help but grin like an idiot walking down the street. The people are super nice here. I think it's all the endorphins because EVERYONE rides bicycles.

You also can't help but love a city that has festivals like this:

Screw boxcar derbys. We just need a box!

Though I am mildly concerned about this business:
Germany, you might want to get that checked out. He's scaring the children.

The street art is CRAZY!! I walked down like 2 streets and took about 80 pictures of just the artstuffs. I thought I would have hardly anything to show on my blog today. Never again will I underestimate you, Berlin.










WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I told you there were monsters following me. Though it's cool if these guys do. Anyway, eventually I got hungry- or at least decided to get food. I'm pretty much in a constant state of wanting food. So I searched around for a specific restaurant that was supposed to have awesome bathrooms (of COURSE) but to my dismay, it was no longer around.  NOOOOOO!! I settled for a popular internet cafe place, you know, somewhere to procrastinate posting because I'm super lazy and whiny. They had the perfect distractions.

 Some green tea that was quite good, and some lemon bars made EXACTLY how I love them- overcooked. That's right. Next time you make lemon bars, burn them just a little. You'll thank me.

Also, I ate this tasty grilly sammich. ENVY ME. It was soooo good.

Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot to tell you. Everyone thinks I'm German here! It must be my sweet German genetics fooling them all. Oh genetic makeup. You're so clever. Generally, my conversations have gone something like this:

Them: 'Germanspluchentaagen?'
Me: <confused look> 'huh?'
Them: 'Sprachenfugengibberish!'
Me: 'I don't understand'
Them: <finally dawns on them> 'Oh, here are my English words'.

Someone even asked me for DIRECTIONS. Even after the above mentioned process, their subconscious mind still thought I would know where things are. Germany. I have conquered you. You are mine now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment